Senior Industrial Designer
Unleash your creative genius as a Senior Industrial Designer - CPG. Join our clients team and design exceptional products that leave a lasting impression! We are seeking a talented Senior Industrial Designer to join our hard-working but fun, collaborative team at a leading global consumer products company located in the Burbank, CA area.
In this exciting role, you'll collaborate with an interdisciplinary team of Product, Brand, and Marketing leaders to transform ideas into tangible products. Your expertise will play a crucial role in concepts and developing new and key products, and you'll also be responsible for recommending process improvements.
Location: Los Angeles (Burbank, CA)
Job Type: Full-time, Hybrid, 3/2, (3 in-office/2 WFH)
Salary Range: $90K - $115K + DOE with benefits package
Company Culture: Hardworking, Fun, Collaborative, Innovative and Progressive
As a Senior Industrial Designer CPG you will:
- Cover all aspects of industrial design, from concept to production, ensuring our products meet the highest standards.
- Drive product innovation by developing new items and enhancing existing ones to meet market demands.
- Manage the product development process for assigned high priority projects, guiding them from concept to successful implementation.
- Utilize your creativity to conceptualize high-level product ideas through sketching, mockups, 3D CAD, and presentations.
- Stay informed about the market by conducting competitive assessments, product research, and analyzing customer feedback.
- Gather consumer insights through user testing and use the data to inform design decisions that meet customer needs and safety standards.
- Offer strategic recommendations for product function and features, elevating overall project success.
- Collaborate closely with Engineering, Marketing, Costing, and Compliance teams to define key product features.
- Ensure brand consistency across products by analyzing and defining appropriate color, materials, and finishes.
- Overcome challenges using your design skills and expertise to drive project completion.
- Coordinate with the PMO to manage project tasks and meet shipping schedules.
- Mentor and oversee projects with interns, sharing your knowledge and expertise.
- Bachelor's degree (B.S.) in Industrial Design preferred, along with 5+ years of related experience.
- MUST have a strong knowledge of soft goods, electronics and hard goods
- Extensive expertise in every aspect of the creative design journey, encompassing trend exploration, design strategy formulation, concept generation, and proficient execution throughout the manufacturing process.
- Profound understanding of various manufacturing and molding techniques such as blow molding, injection molding, rotocast, and compression/liquid injection molding is a required
- Proficiency in Solidworks, Illustrator, KeyShot and Photoshop.
- Enthusiastic, self-starting, committed and excellent time management skills.
- A team player with exceptional communication skills.
Our client offers a comprehensive benefits package, wellness benefits, a generous employer-matched 401(k) plan, life insurance, Paid Childcare Leave, and other benefits.
Ready to take on this impactful role? Apply now and be a part of a vibrant, forward-thinking team!
This is a full-time, hybrid (3/2) position in Los Angeles (Burbank, CA area). REMOTE work is not available. This is a highly urgent and top-priority role, so don't wait to apply! We can't wait to meet you! To apply, please submit your resume and portfolio link/case studies for immediate consideration.
Due to the volume of applications, we are unable to respond to each application personally. If we are interested in your qualifications, we will contact you via telephone or email as soon as possible. By applying for this position, you agree to be contacted by email or text message. Message and data rates may apply.
icreatives is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants and talent will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristics protected by law. We believe in providing a culture that embraces and champions diversity, equity, and inclusion because it truly fosters creativity.