Mid-Level Technical Designer
If youre looking to take the next step in your career as an apparel designer, this could be the promotion youve been waiting for. An innovative apparel company in the Denver area is seeking a mid-level technical designer to join their team.
As a technical designer, youll work with the product coordinators, a sample coordinator, and other technical designers to hone your skills and understanding of design creation and execution, fit intent, vendor negotiations, and more. The ideal candidate for this role is an ambitious, detail-oriented, and collaborative go-getter who is eager to advance their abilities and experience as a garment designer.
As a Mid-Level Technical Designer, you can expect to:
- Lead fit sessions as the teams expert on select products.
- Audit samples and paper patterns for quality and design accuracy.
- Develop and update technical packets within PLM to ensure accuracy, commercial viability, and cost-effectiveness.
- Translate fit intent and garment design into mass production while ensuring the companys quality standards.
- Upload design sheets to FTP and reach out to vendors to communicate pricing/costs.
- Oversee fit execution from design to production, being mindful of deadlines.
- Ensure consistency across fit and sizing
- Provide fit feedback and comments to international vendors.
- Work across departments and teams to establish garment specs and construction details.
- Engage potential business partners when the opportunity arises.
- Take part in team meetings when needed.
- Bachelor's degree from a four-year college or university.
- 3-5 years of training or experience in a related field, or a combination of education and experience.
- Must have a deep understanding of garment construction, fabrics, trims/finishes, fitting, and design techniques.
- Must have a deep understanding of patternmaking, from grading and construction to fit.
- Proficiency in auditing garments for quality across construction, materials, and sizing.
- Proficiency in Adobe Illustrator with working experience in Photoshop and Gallery.
- Must have experience producing computer-generated technical sketches.
- Excellent communication skills and a basic understanding of math (ability to calculate ratios, rates, percentages, etc., and proficiency in drawing and interpreting bar graphs).
This is a full-time opportunity working onsite in the Denver, CO area. This is not a remote position. The annual salary is $60K. To apply, please submit your resume and portfolio link/case studies for immediate consideration.
Due to the volume of applications, we are unable to respond to each application personally. If we are interested in your qualifications, we will contact you via telephone or email as soon as possible. By applying for this position, you agree to be contacted by email or text message. Message and data rates may apply.
icreatives is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants and talent will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristics protected by law. We believe in providing a culture that embraces and champions diversity, equity and inclusion because it truly fosters creativity