location: Palo Alto, 94020
This renowned company in the tech world is bringing groundbreaking designs through their rapidly growing team of researchers, product manager, engineers and designers. As CAD Designer you will report to the CAD Manager and assist with all digital modeling projects, sometimes working collectively with teams of 5-20 people.
If you are an experienced 3D Modeler with excellent team mentality and a curiosity for future transportation technology, you might be the perfect fit for this growing team!
In this role, you can expect to:
– Assist in all design process stages from ideation to production
– Ensure quality standards are met and data from engineers and researchers is followed accordingly
– Design 3D surfaces, visuals and prototypes for engineering evaluation
– Work collectively with other teams to understand requirements and effectively design digital models
– Adhere to tight deadlines and work on several projects at once
– Ensure all production designs follow the pre-approved direction and execution strategy
– Work collaboratively with both with local and off-site creatives to cerate prototypes
– Partake in team meetings, assist in finding/ pitching effective solutions
– Assist with other duties as needed
– Exceptional command of 3D Design/ CAD software like Alias, Catia, Lino 3D, Solidworks, pro-e, NX etc.
– Robust knowledge in engineering/manufacturing Class A parts and assemblies
– Vast experience of digital/ physical modeling and fabrication
– Excellent understanding of product development/ design process
– Experience working in large collaborative teams made up of creatives and technical staff
– Ability to work on multiple large projects at once
– Excellent organizational and multitasking skills
– Exceptional communication skills both verbal and written
– Clear ability to communicate with engineers and understand technical language
– Ability to create renderings, visuals and animations using software like Maya, Keyshot, VRED, etc.
– BS/BA degree in Industrial Design or similar field
– 8+ years of experience in 3D Modeling, Product Development, engineering/ manufacturing and experience in automotive industry
This is a direct to full time role near Palo Alto, CA. Salary is highly negotiable, relocation talent is welcome.
To apply, please submit your resume and portfolio link for immediate consideration.
Due to the volume of applications, we are unable to respond to each application personally.
If we are interested in your qualifications, we will contact you via telephone or email as soon as possible.