CAD/Digital Design Manager
location: Palo Alto, 94020
This renowned company in the tech world is bringing groundbreaking designs through their extensive team of seasoned researchers, product manager, engineers and designers. The CAD/ Digital Design Manager will lead a team of designers and work collectively with other staff to ensure that all projects meet the quality and timely expectation of the company.
If you are an experienced 3D Modeler with excellent people management skills, you might be the perfect fit for this growing team!
In this role, you can expect to:
– Follow the design process from its ideation stages to production
– Ensure quality standards are met and that data/assets are transferred effectively from designers and engineers
– Conduct project/Traffic Management and assign tasks to staff and manage the day-to-day for CAD projects
– Be hands on during the design process, actively design 3D surfaces, concepts, visualization and prototypes for engineering evaluation
– Work collectively with other teams to understand requirements and effectively design digital models
– Create project schedules and maintain open deadline communications with engineering team
– Ensure all production designs follow the pre-approved direction and execution strategy
– Communicate both with local and off-site talent to develop prototypes
– Hold team meetings and occasionally partake in design presentations with the Head of Industrial Design and key stakeholders
– Assist with other duties as needed
– Exceptional command of 3D Design/ CAD software like Alias, Catia, Lino 3D, Solidworks, pro-e, NX etc.
– Robust knowledge in engineering/manufacturing Class A parts and assemblies
– Vast experience of digital/ physical modeling and fabrication
– Excellent understanding of product development/ design process
– Experience managing teams of 5-20 people
– Ability to work on multiple large projects at once
– Excellent organizational and multitasking skills
– Exceptional communication skills both verbal and written
– Clear ability to communicate with engineers and understand technical language
– Ability to create renderings, visuals and animations using software like Maya, Keyshot, VRED, etc.
– BS/BA degree in Industrial Design or similar field
– 10+ years of experience in 3D Modeling, Product Development, engineering/ manufacturing
This is a direct to full time role near Palo Alto, CA. Salary is highly negotiable, relocation talent is welcome.
To apply, please submit your resume and portfolio link for immediate consideration.
Due to the volume of applications, we are unable to respond to each application personally.
If we are interested in your qualifications, we will contact you via telephone or email as soon as possible.