Jr Graphic Designer
location: Salt Lake, 84044
As part of this contract team, you will be working on several print projects for an upcoming trade show.
We would love talent who is well rounded and familiarized with pre-press and the overall print production process. Many of the assets for these projects are ready, so we need great designers with a keen eye for detail to prepare and qualify all files for printing.
As Junior Graphic Designer, you can expect to:
– Assist on print design projects (sales sheets, brochures, displays, labels etc.)
– Ensure labels meet legal (FDA) regulations and technical standards
– Design packaging for new consumer products
– Ensure all designs are meeting brand guidelines, goals and target audience
– Assist with pre-press including designing white support layers for labels, shrink sleeves, etc. that will be printed on clear substrates, paper or other formats
– Perform quality control/vet all files prior to printing
– Edit photographs
– Prepare files for print and web, ensuring they are saved and exported in correct formats
– Assist Creative Director in additional creative projects as needed
– Robust Adobe CS skills ( InDesign, Illustrator, Photoshop)
– Sound understanding of pre-press and print production
– Knowledge of layout principles and design concepts
– Experience creating packaging designs and advertising materials
– Ability to work in a collaborative and fast-paced environment
– Ability to work under tight deadlines with minimal supervision
– BD/BA Degree plus 2-3 years of experience
This is a contract opportunity for 3 days (8-10 hour shift), $25-$30/hr with a client Salt Lake City, UT.
To apply, please submit your resume and portfolio link for immediate consideration.
Due to the volume of applications, we are unable to respond to each application personally. If we are interested in your qualifications, we will contact you via telephone or email as soon as possible.