Associate Product Designer
location: South Philadelphia, 19145
As the Associate Product Designer, you will work in conjunction with the Product Development team to design and develop new licensed product lines.
You will be required to stay on top of retail and licensing trends, materials, technologies, merchandising etc.
We are looking for a candidate that is eager to invent and put their imagination, originality, and talent to the test. If you are up for the challenge, send us your resume and portfolio!
– Design and illustrate new licensed product lines.
– Develop and implement new product ideas.
– Develop artwork purchased or licensed by outside artists.
– Design licensed ensembles with some supervision/direction.
– Prepare art files in 4 to 6 colors (both 4 color process and spot color).
– Assist with mock-ups as necessary.
– Assist with digital planogram and display layouts.
– Create and assist with sales presentations.
– Stay current with market-related design trends.
– Help train/mentor Assistant Product Designers (Licensing).
– Stay current with computer skills and experiment with new software updates and programs.
– Maintain and organize computer files. Delete/archive files as necessary.
– Attend trade shows when time allows.
– Perform other related duties as required and assigned.
– Excellent Adobe Creative Suite skills.
– Strong computer and Microsoft Office skills.
– Effective oral and written communication skills. Ability to present ideas, facts and recommendations effectively.
– Experience using major licensing style guides.
– Ability to perform basic mathematical calculations, including sizes and color percentages.
– Excellent multi-task, follow-up and organizational skills.
– Ability to work independently with some direction.
– Ability to work at a high level in a fast-paced environment.
– BA/BS degree from a four-year art college or university required.
– 2+ years of related experience or training.
– Preferred: Understanding of offset and flexographic printing processes is preferred. Experience designing party goods, tableware, favors, activities, wearables, toys, stationery, decor, gifts, and/or activity products.
– Occasionally required to reach/work overhead, climb, and balance.
– Frequently required to stand, walk, sit, use repetitive hand motions, stoop, kneel, crouch, crawl, and lift up to twenty-five pounds.
– Frequently be required to have close visual acuity while working on a computer, analyzing data, or reading extensively.
– May be required to travel up to 5% of the time, including overnight travel, and travel on airplanes.
This is an on-site full-time opportunity for a company in Northeast Pennsylvania.
To apply, please submit your resume and portfolio link for immediate consideration.
Due to the volume of applications, we are unable to respond to each application personally. If we are interested in your qualifications, we will contact you via telephone or email as soon as possible.